CS 7933 - Fall 2018 - Graphics Seminar
|Time:||Tuesday @ 12:10pm - 2:00pm (talks begin at 12:30pm)|
|Location:||Large Conference Room, a.k.a. LCR (MEB 3147)|
|Mailing List:||graphicscs.utah.edu (signup here)|
The Graphics Seminar consists of talks by faculty, students, or researchers in the industry. These talks can be of various types:
- A talk about your current research project, starting with background and ending with preliminary results and plans for future work.
- A talk about a new research project that you plan to work on, including the background and an outline of your research plans.
- A presentation on a recent paper or set of related papers.
- A talk that you will present at an upcoming graphics conference.
- A general talk on a topic that would be of interest to graphics researchers, such as "State of the art" in a particular area.
|1||Aug 21||—||SIGGRAPH Discussions|
|2||Aug 28||Daqi Lin||A New Ray Tracing Acceleration Structure|
|3||Sep 4||Ian Mallett||Deferred Adaptive Compute Shading|
|4||Sep 11||Dimitar Dinev||User-Guided Lip Correction for Facial Performance Capture|
|5||Sep 18||Junior Rojas||Average Vector Field Integration for St. Venant-Kirchhoff Deformable Models|
|6||Sep 25||Josef Spjut, NVIDIA||Augmented Reality Graphics: An Encroaching Future|
|7||Oct 2||Richard Thomson, NVIDIA||The AT&T Pixel Machine -- a modern GPU in 1988|
|8||Oct 9||—||— Fall Break —|
|11||Oct 30||Xuan Huang||TBA|
|12||Nov 6||Dennis Njeru||TBA|
|13||Nov 13||Nghia Truong||A New Hair Simulation Method|
|14||Nov 20||—||SIGGRAPH Submissions Preview (Part 1)|
|15||Nov 27||—||SIGGRAPH Submissions Preview (Part 2)|