CS 7933 - Fall 2017 - Graphics Seminar
|Time:||Tuesday @ 12:10pm - 2:00pm (talks begin at 12:30pm)|
|Location:||Large Conference Room, a.k.a. LCR (MEB 3147)|
|Mailing List:||graphicscs.utah.edu (signup here)|
The Graphics Seminar consists of talks by faculty, students, or researchers in the industry. These talks can be of various types:
- A talk about your current research project, starting with background and ending with preliminary results and plans for future work.
- A talk about a new research project that you plan to work on, including the background and an outline of your research plans.
- A presentation on a recent paper or set of related papers.
- A talk that you will present at an upcoming graphics conference.
- A general talk on a topic that would be of interest to graphics researchers, such as "State of the art" in a particular area.
|1||Aug 22||Xifeng Gao, New York University||Robust Hexahedral & Hex-Dominant Meshing|
|2||Aug 29||Kui Wu||Fast Fluids Simulation with GVDB Sparse Voxels|
|3||Sep 5||Nathan Marshak||Survey of Literature on Anatomically Accurate Motion Capture and Kinematic Modeling of the Temporomandibular Joint|
|4||Sep 12||Nghia Truong||Anisotropic Elastoplasticity for Cloth, Knit and Hair Frictional Contact|
|5||Sep 19||Cyrus Wilson and Alex Smith, Activision||Emotion Challenge: Building a New Photoreal Facial Pipeline for Games|
|6||Sep 26||Justin Jensen||A General-Purpose Animation System for 4D|
|8||Oct 10||—||— Fall Break —|
|9||Oct 17||Will Usher||Data-Distributed Path Tracing with Charm++|
|10||Oct 24||Nathan Morrical||WarpDriver: A Context-Aware Probabilistic Motion Prediction for Crowd Simulation|
|12||Nov 7||Pete Shirley, NVIDIA||An Augmented Reality Display|
|13||Nov 14||Daqi Lin||Latest Techniques in Interactive Global Illumination|
|14||Nov 21||Ankur Rathore||Illumination and Shading Techniques for Interactive Volume Rendering|
|15||Nov 28||—||SIGGRAPH Submissions Preview (Part 1)|
|16||Dec 5||—||SIGGRAPH Submissions Preview (Part 2)|