CS 7933 - Spring 2016 - Graphics Seminar
|Time:||Tuesday @ 12:10pm - 2:00pm (talks begin at 12:30pm)|
|Location:||WEB 2760 (Meldrum Conference Room)|
|Mailing List:||graphicscs.utah.edu (signup here)|
The Graphics Seminar consists of talks by faculty, students, or researchers in the industry. These talks can be of various types:
- A talk about your current research project, starting with background and ending with preliminary results and plans for future work.
- A talk about a new research project that you plan to work on, including the background and an outline of your research plans.
- A presentation on a recent paper or set of related papers.
- A talk that you will present at an upcoming graphics conference.
- A general talk on a topic that would be of interest to graphics researchers, such as "State of the art" in a particular area.
Schedule (subject to change)
|1||Jan 26||—||SIGGRAPH Submissions Overview|
|2||Feb 2||Ladislav Kavan||Numerical Methods for Fast Physics|
|3||Feb 9||Petr Kadlecek||(A talk on ongoing research)|
|4||Feb 16||Nghia Truong||The Material Point Method in Computer Graphics|
|5||Feb 23||Kui Wu||Real-time Hair Mesh Simulation|
|6||Mar 1||Hannah Swan||(A talk on ongoing research)|
|7||Mar 8||Will Usher||(A talk on ongoing research)|
|8||Mar 15||—||— Spring Break —|
|9||Mar 22||Ian Mallett||(A talk on ongoing research)|
|10||Mar 29||Konstantin Shkurko||(A talk on ongoing research)|
|11||Apr 5||Nghia Truong||Unified Simulation of Elastic Rods, Shells, and Solids|
|12||Apr 12||Pavol Klacansky||Higher Order Surface and Rendering without Triangles|
|13||Apr 19||Tiantian Liu||Fast and Robust Inversion-Free Shape Manipulation|
|14||Apr 26||Zhenyu Shu||Unsupervised 3D Shape Segmentation and Co-segmentation via Deep Learning|